Saturday, October 28, 2017

Broken Chapter 7


“God you two aren’t even for real dating. Break it up.” Sandjai said as he squeezed in-between Jacob and Bryan and grabbed a controller. Selling burgers was a tough job. Apparently, everyone forgot he worked there and he had to field off questions about his dad. And if that wasn’t enough university students badgered him about living with one of the greatest minds of the age. Today he actually told someone to shut the fuck up and order already.

“So tough day at work.” Bryan asked.

“God I wish my dad never claimed me some days. My life was so much better when I was living in obscurity.”

“Big words for a jock like you.”

“Shut up writer boy, or I will be forced to take that two-pack back.”

“I’ll have you know it’s almost a six pack.”

“More like my pack,” Jacob said

“Back off. There will be no climbing over me to make out.”

“Cockblocker.”

“Sigh. One of you needs to find a real boyfriend or girlfriend cause you’re taking this pseudo shit too far.”

“Whatever.” Bryan didn’t think more than that was response worthy.

“It’s nice here without the psycho.”

“Yeah. Dad hasn’t talked to her or anything. Like he was serious this time. She’s gone. But I’m not getting happy just yet.”

“Sometimes love isn’t enough,” Jacob said.

“How’s your sister doing,” Sandjai asked Bryan.

“She misses her sometimes, but most times she doesn’t. There are some things no amount of love can cure. My brother, though… Shit, he practically kicked her out the door. Have you seen his fiancĂ©.”

“He’s getting married?” Sandjai asked.

“Nah but they are so in love with each other that’s what we call her. It drives him crazy. He doesn’t really believe in marriage. Here.”

Bryan found the picture on his phone and passed it around.

“Now that’s the type of girl that defines curvaceous,” Jacob said.

“She’s the reason I will never give up chocolate.” Sandjai concurred.

“You guys and brown skin. Besides she’s curvy but not black.” Bryan said with a laugh.

“It’s about balance. It’s my duty as a white boy to ensure the balance of colour in the world. Who am I to argue with divine design.” Jacob said a little too seriously to actually take seriously.

“You’ve been spending way too much time with the writer. Devine design? Ugh.”

“It’s your fault I write.”

“Don’t remind me,” Sandjai said as Jacob got up to go grab a soda. “So why aren’t you two really dating.”

“I can’t just up and stop my self-destructive sexual behaviour by dating the first good guy to come along. When I can sufficiently control or weed out this desperation I still have I won’t be able to like him back like I should. Besides. I think I might like someone else.”

“Oh really. Are you going to tell me?” Sandjai was definitely interested.

“Nope. For my therapist’s ears only.”

“Oh come on. I’m your best friend.”

“Don’t try so hard. He wouldn’t tell me either.” Jacob said as he returned back to the couch.

“So you know?”

“I do. But hey I’m getting what I want, and he’s happy.”

“Are you happy Pudgy,” Sandjai said in a serious tone.

“Yes. And I’m going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment