Sunday, October 29, 2017

Brothers and Frenemies Chapter 8


A year later and Marcus found himself yet again under the assault of a small boy. Honestly, this kid was messing with his program. The moment he could convince his mother to take him seriously the child was going straight to boarding school.

“You expecting someone?” Marcus asked as there was a knock at the door.

“Haven’t you been listening? I have a date.”

“A real date?”

“Yes. And Arumand’s coming along.”

“You take your kid to meet new guys?”

“Only when they request it. It’s a kid friendly kind of date. Unless you’re offering to watch him."

“I don’t do little people.”

“Are you going to stay here till I come back?”

“I don’t see the point. I’ll call you tomorrow. Honestly, get the fuck off my leg!”

Arumand stopped attacking him and looked up at him with a cold stare. It almost looked like something out of one of those horror movies. Marcus was sufficiently terrified. Enough to vacate the premises faster.

***

It was later on that night, and he was waking up early morning with Marcy lying next to him. She would be the perfect person for him to marry. Second in command, just as ruthless as him, if not worse, and with his same relaxed style. To her being a criminal was like being an accountant. Yet still, he had no real feelings beyond respect and friendship.

“It’s three in the morning. Unless you’re going to give me another orgasm what the hell are you doing awake?” Marcy was talking through the pillow. That was definitely not a good sign. Marcus was one of the few guys who’d just talk to her when she was in a shoot first and ask questions after kind of mood.

“I just don’t get Lisa.” He got up from his bed grabbed a cigar and walked out onto his balcony. There was a very nice view of the pool and his massive garden from there. In the darkness, however, he had to envision its beauty. But the lit up pool area cast some light onto the garden to aid his imagination. He tried to use the peace to calm himself, but it just wasn’t working. Money, infamous status, he was on top of the world with no signs of being under, and here he was stressing over some woman.

Marcy growled into her pillow, cursed the gods and then rolled out of bed not even bothering to put on clothing. She walked out and leaned on the balcony for a while with him. She opted for a cigarette. After a few puffs, she looked at Marcus. Her plan to make this man marry her was definitely going to be a failure, which was going to make this next bit of news rather depressing.

“I’m pregnant.”

“What?”

“Yup.”

“Well, that sucks. What are you going to do about it?”

“Keep it. See if maybe motherhood suits me.”

“Ugh.”

“Man, you hate children even more than I do. And that’s saying something.”

“Does this mean we have to stop fucking each other?”

“Not for a few more months. That being said, I’m going to give you some advice as your best friend.”

“Whoa. I dunno. She’s worse than my partner in crime.”

Marcy’s response to that was to nudge him almost hard enough for him to fall over the balcony.

“You aren’t paying enough attention. The reason she’s so reluctant to be with you and is so ready to give other guys a chance that she likes much less is obvious to any man.”

“Any man? It’s that easy.”

“Yes. But it’s just not that easy for you.”

“What makes me any different from most guys, other than being a career criminal?”

“You’re a smart man. When you figure that out, you might decide you don’t even want to be with her. If you do, well, that will say a lot about who you really are.”

“Really am.”

“Yeah. In comparison to the man you think you are.”

“Okay. Enough serious talk. My brain hurts.”

“Well, don’t ask me serious questions. Besides, I’m interested to see how this plays out. I’m pretty much getting what I want so your love life has become my entertainment. Mission to make you love me … fail. But this shit… it’s kinda fun.”

“You find pleasure in my failure.”

“Yes I’m deriving some pleasure from just how stupid men, in general, can be. And being your best friend, withholding information is rather fun.”

“I really hate you sometimes.”

“Besides, if I told you, I’d be breaking the female code.”

“Women and your unwritten rules.”

“I thought you didn’t want to talk about this anymore?”

“I’m going to get a drink. You want one?”

“I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment